[Hippo-cms7-user] Multi language / multi country (international) site setup with shared global documents

Jasper de Vries jasper.de.vries at ddnh.nl
Wed Sep 5 13:23:36 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I was wondering if realize the following setup using Hippo. I would like
to create some sites which target different countries in different
languages, but I would each country instance of the site to extend a
global version of the site.

So I would like to structure my content like this:

- Global
   - en
     - news
       - global item
- Netherlands
   - en
     - news
       - specific Dutch (country targeted) item
- Belgium
   - en
     - news
       - specific Belgium item

And I would like to create a site for the Netherlands showing the
following news items (at /en/news):

- global item
- specific Dutch (country targeted) item

and a site for Belgium showing the following news items:

- global item
- specific Belgium item

Can this be done in any way?

If not, I think the best approach on this would be just having a global
site and adding a multiple select to the base document template which
you could use to select the targeted countries. Right?

Any ideas or opinion on the matter are welcome ;-)

Thanks,
Jasper

--
DD&H Digital Communication