[Hippo-cms7-user] Multi language / multi country (international) site setup with shared global documents

Jasper de Vries jasper.de.vries at ddnh.nl
Thu Sep 6 10:07:52 CEST 2012

After a nights sleep I realized that the first option is not a good
solution (see below)

On 5-9-2012 13:23, Jasper de Vries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you could realize the following setup using Hippo. I would like
> to create some sites which target different countries in different
> languages, but I would each country instance of the site to extend a
> global version of the site.

..

> I would like to create a site for the Netherlands showing the
> following news items (at /en/news):
>
> - global item
> - specific Dutch (country targeted) item

..

> Can this be done in any way?

I don't think you would really want this, as it would be impossible to
create content that is targeted for both the Netherlands and Belgium.

> If not, I think the best approach on this would be just having a global
> site and adding a multiple select to the base document template which
> you could use to select the targeted countries. Right?

I'm thinking on implementing it this way.

--
DD&H Digital Communication

M.H. Tromplaan 3
7511 JJ Enschede