[Hippo-cms7-user] Detecting the default channel manager rest uri?

Ard Schrijvers a.schrijvers at onehippo.com
Wed Sep 12 23:14:44 CEST 2012

Op 12 sep. 2012 16:12 schreef "Woonsan Ko" <w.ko at onehippo.com> het volgende:

> On 9/12/12 5:16 AM, Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Bart van der Schans
>> <b.vanderschans at onehippo.com> wrote:

ConnectException

http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/channels/channel-manager-troubleshooting.html

>>> Why a system property? We already store this information in the
>>> "hst:channelmanagerhostgroup" property on the hst:hosts.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if autodetection will really work in the end. There are
>>> too many deployment scenarios in combination with reverse proxy
>>> settings.
>>

>> That is also what I fear. It is very complex to use autodetection.
>> AFAIK, there is no way from the application for example whether the
>> end user sees the context path or not.
>

> By the way, I forgot the classname, but I saw a cms channel manager class
invoking the rest service in the *server-side* by using CXF client code
libraries, which means it doesn't need to detect the client-side domain
name at all. Mostly it works with its localhost.
> So, autodetection seems really possible.

The server side rest calls indeed should be possible, but afaik this is
already automatic: it is always on 127.0.0.1 and the same port as cms.
However, there is also the client side rest calls between cms and side.
These are the calls including _rp. These need to go over the host of the
cms.

Either way, perhaps you have found some possible improvement. I am not yet
sure we can really get away with auto detect. Perhaps we can improve it. I
hope to have some time to dive into it as well

Regards ard and thanks for your insights