[Hippo-cms7-user] Detecting the default channel manager rest uri?

Woonsan Ko w.ko at onehippo.com
Wed Sep 12 23:46:26 CEST 2012

Please see my comments inline.

Sent from my mobile phone. Apologies for any typos.

On Sep 12, 2012 5:15 PM, "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijvers at onehippo.com> wrote:

> Op 12 sep. 2012 16:12 schreef "Woonsan Ko" <w.ko at onehippo.com> het
volgende:

> > On 9/12/12 5:16 AM, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

ConnectException

http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/channels/channel-manager-troubleshooting.html

environment-specific

> >> That is also what I fear. It is very complex to use autodetection.
> >> AFAIK, there is no way from the application for example whether the
> >> end user sees the context path or not.
> >

> > By the way, I forgot the classname, but I saw a cms channel manager
class invoking the rest service in the *server-side* by using CXF client
code libraries, which means it doesn't need to detect the client-side
domain name at all. Mostly it works with its localhost.
> > So, autodetection seems really possible.
>
> The server side rest calls indeed should be possible, but afaik this is
already automatic: it is always on 127.0.0.1 and the same port as cms.

No. There are classes invoking configured url with CXf client in channel
manager.

> However, there is also the client side rest calls between cms and side.
These are the calls including _rp. These need to go over the host of the
cms.

Why don't they (client side scripts) use relative urls then? Base relative
path only can be configured then.

Cheers,

Woonsan

> Either way, perhaps you have found some possible improvement. I am not
yet sure we can really get away with auto detect. Perhaps we can improve
it. I hope to have some time to dive into it as well