[Hippo-cms7-user] Detecting the default channel manager rest uri?

Jeroen Reijn j.reijn at onehippo.com
Thu Sep 13 16:35:37 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers at onehippo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Michiel Rop <m.rop at onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Why a system property? We already store this information in the
>>> "hst:channelmanagerhostgroup" property on the hst:hosts.
>>

>> It might be a corner case, but at one of our clients two application servers
>
> You mean as in clustered set up or two completely independent
> (sites/rest services)?
>
>> on the same machine run on different port and use the same repository. There
>> could be other solutions than using a system property, but the port number
>> in that case cannot be stored in the repository.

What Michiel is trying to say is that there could be customers (I know
at least one) that run 2 cms instances on the same machine in a
clustered setup. (and have 2 more instances on another machine for
failover) These tomcat instances run on different ports and contain
both site and CMS. If that is the case then it's not possible to
'just' use the channelmanager hostgroup and fetch the port, because
the ports might not match.

Can't we just fetch the port number from the container and use that
instead of using a property? We're always connecting to
127.0.0.1:[container.port] right?