[Hippo-cms7-user] Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mehul Parmar mehul.parmar at indivirtual.com
Thu Sep 20 08:27:37 CEST 2012

Dear All

I have a maven archteype project with CMS 7.7.5. I imported the documents
from a previous project CMS ver 7.2.

I can run successfully with bundled maven cargo plugin and Tomcat 7 (changed
the tomcat major & full versions in pom.xml). I can login into cms, see
channel manger, see the site, edit config and so on.

Now, when i try to do a deployment to a local Tomcat instance, everything
works fine except channel manager. The site works fine and so does cms. When
i try to do access channel manager I get a pop with following message

"Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online."

And when trying to view site in preview mode
(http://localhost:8080/site/_cmsinternal/) I get a page with message
forbidden.

I also checked the Channel Manager trouble shooting
http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/concepts/channels/channel-manager-troubleshooting.html.
but all entries in the cms hst config seem to be ok and correct.

I am sure I am missing something but don't know what.

Any ideas?
Regards
Mehul
PS : Some of my previous posts were not posted to the forum (waiting for
approval). May I know the reason why?