[Hippo-cms7-user] Cannot access Channel manager : Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online

Mathijs den Burger m.denburger at onehippo.com
Thu Sep 20 14:19:14 CEST 2012

Hi Mehul,

You're missing some shared libraries in Tomcat's shared/lib folder,
specifically the hst-api and hst-commons jar.

Run 'mvn -P dist" in the archetype-created project to create a zip
file with the right wars and jars in the right subfolders [1].

Good to know: in the upcoming 7.8 release the channel manager no
longer depends on such shared libraries.

best,
Mathijs

[1] http://www.onehippo.org/7_7/library/deployment/create-and-deploy-a-project-distribution.html