[Hippo-cms7-user] Multi language / multi country (international) site setup with shared global documents

Niels van Kampenhout n.vankampenhout at onehippo.com
Thu Sep 20 22:30:41 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers at onehippo.com> wrote:
> Create 3 sites:
>
> - Global
>   - en
>     - news
> - Netherlands
>   - en
>     - news
> - Belgium
>   - en
>     - news
>

> Below *all* three items, add a hippofacnav:facetnavigation node. For
> the 'Global' one, give the facnav node a docbase equal to the UUID of
> Global/en/news. Below Netherlands/en/news, add a facnav node that
> contains as hippo:docbase the UUID of Global/en/news, then a comma
> ',', and then the UUID of Netherlands/en/news : This way, below the
> faceted navigation node of Netherlands/en/news/someFacNavNode you get
> global AND dutch news items. Same for Belgium. Now, you have a faceted
> navigation entry for news items. On the website, you can now simply
> show news items through this facnav node. If you want to create links
> for the news items in the correct *context* (thus global news item
> shown in Dutch website context) you can use in the hst:link the
> attribute 'navigationStateful=true' .

Hi Ard,

I was trying something similar, and indeed the 'global' documents show
up in the faceted navigation of the 'dutch' subsite. But the link
generated always leads to the global site, even when using
navigationStateful="true". I also tried mount="dutch", still linking
to global.
When I enter the Dutch URL manually it displays the global document in
the Dutch subsite context, so the URL does exist.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Niels