[Hippo-cms7-user] Multi-Tenant Solution

Frank van Lankvelt f.vanlankvelt at onehippo.com
Tue Sep 25 09:28:47 CEST 2012

hi Amit,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Amit Patkar <amit at mootly.com> wrote:
> Hi There
> has any one implemented a multi-tenant hosted solution for Hippo CMS?

a number of installations have sub-sites.  The content for these
subsites is managed in separate security domains, so only a specific
group of users can edit them.  Subsites will share components and
templates, but with the use of the channel manager (e.g. by setting
channel properties) each can have it's own look.

> I want to have separate template and all CMS data separated by the customer
> login

it is possible to put authorization on templates (as it is possible to
do this on all nodes in the repository).  In the hst config editor,
the templates of other customers can in this way be hidden from the
user.

I'm not sure if the use of authorization in one repository is really
going to be sufficient in all cases.  It is going to be a lot easier
if different repositories (databases) are used for different
customers.  That would provide much stronger separation between their
data; content, templates, account info, logging, reporting, etcetera.

Cheers, Frank