[Hippo-cms7-user] Get bean by name of the document

Chandan AGARWAL chandan.agarwal at smile-benelux.com
Wed Sep 26 10:27:22 CEST 2012

Hi Jeroen,
Here is the code snippet of my code :

@Path("/contentBlocks/")
public class ContentBlockResource extends AbstractContentResource {

@GET
@Path("/{documentName}")
@Produces("text/xml")
public ContentBlockRepresentation getContentBlockByName(@Context HttpServletRequest servletRequest,
@Context HttpServletResponse servletResponse, @PathParam("documentName") String documentName) {

ContentBlockRepresentation contentBlockRepresentation = new ContentBlockRepresentation();

HstRequestContext requestContext = getRequestContext(servletRequest);

// I need to get the bean by the document name passed in the pathParam variable here and then map it as a contentBlockRepresentation object and return it back to the client

return contentBlockRepresentation;
}

}

@XmlRootElement(name = "contentBlock")
public class ContentBlockRepresentation {

private String title;
private String description;
private ImageRepresentation image;

public ContentBlockRepresentation() {
}

public ContentBlockRepresentation(String title, String description, ImageRepresentation image) {
this.title = title;
this.description = description;
this.image = image;
}

public String getTitle() {
return title;
}

public void setTitle(String title) {
this.title = title;
}

public String getDescription() {
return description;
}

public void setDescription(String description) {
this.description = description;
}

@XmlElement(name = "image")
public ImageRepresentation getImage() {
return image;
}

public void setImage(ImageRepresentation image) {
this.image = image;
}

}

As you see I am passing the name of the document that i want as a pathParam . For eg I have created a file called "quickaccess" of document type ContentBlock in the cms inside the folder cullen.
When i call my class from the rest client with the url contentBlocks/quickaccess , I want to get the corresponding bean of quickaccess, which I would convert to my object ContentBlockRepresentation and send it back.

So, my question is how can i get the bean by the name of the document ?

Cdt,
Chandan AGARWAL
IED
Smile Benelux