[Hippo-cms7-user] Unable to set Taxonomy plugin up

David Martin dmartin at ippon.fr
Wed Sep 26 11:04:05 CEST 2012

Ok, I'm back with some fresh information.
You're right, the HST page works (wasn't the case previously for me): now I
can see the taxonomy tree (under Taxonomies/Example).

Now, I still have a problem in the CMS.
When editing the Homepage document, which can have a taxonomy associated to
it, I can pick one or more category, BUT right after saving I have this
exception :
An error has occurred, sorry for that.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
Failed to instantiate plugin
'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.PropertyFieldPlugin' for id
'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.
 An error has occurred, sorry for that.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
Failed to instantiate plugin
'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.PropertyFieldPlugin' for id
'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.
 An error has occurred, sorry for that.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
Failed to instantiate plugin
'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.NodeFieldPlugin' for id
'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.

Now, If I want to add a new category to the "exampletaxonomy" taxonomy, I
click on Edit, then New, type a NAME and the KEY is generated based on the
name, and on the following screen (which is the form to edit my new
category), the "name" is NOT the named I typed but the KEY. Not a big
issue, just rather weird for an end-user: same name used in two following
screens, but different things inside.

Last point: I only want the taxonomy to be defined in a single language.
I've deleted all but one language from the JCR node
"content/taxonomies/exampletaxonomy/exampletaxonomy". Let's say I've just
let "fr". If the end user is connected to the CMS using another language,
for instance "en", when clicking on New (to add a new category), both
English and French appear in the drop down list, despite the single
language defined. Could be a bug?

David