[Hippo-cms7-user] Hippo Forge Import Tool archetype issue

Rob Velseboer rob.velseboer at incentro.com
Wed Sep 26 13:30:28 CEST 2012

After creating the import project according to the "Getting Started" page (
http://import-tool.forge.onehippo.org/getting-started.html ) I get this
error when I run mvn clean install:

java.lang.NullPointerException: id can not be null
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.repository.Repository.<init>(Repository.java:81)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepository.<init>(DefaultArtifactRepository.java:70)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepositoryFactory.createDeploymentArtifactRepository(DefaultArtifactRepositoryFactory.java:44)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectUtils.buildDeploymentArtifactRepository(ProjectUtils.java:80)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.processProjectLogic(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1029)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:880)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:508)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:200)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:604)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:487)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:391)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:272)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
        at
        at
        at
        at

I asked a colleague to generate the archetype on his workstation and he got
the exact same thing.

How do I resolve this?

I heard that I may have to change my maven settings (but why and how?)

Thanks!

Rob