[Hippo-cms7-user] Unable to set Taxonomy plugin up

Woonsan Ko w.ko at onehippo.com
Thu Sep 27 04:39:17 CEST 2012

Hi David,

On 9/26/12 5:04 AM, David Martin wrote:
> Ok, I'm back with some fresh information.
> You're right, the HST page works (wasn't the case previously for me):
> now I can see the taxonomy tree (under Taxonomies/Example).
>
> Now, I still have a problem in the CMS.
> When editing the Homepage document, which can have a taxonomy associated
> to it, I can pick one or more category, BUT right after saving I have
> this exception :

I've confirmed the error in the taxonomy-demo project and created a JIRA
issue: https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HIPPLUG-501

I'd like to ask a question. Did you get the following error when running
the taxonomy-demo project, or when running your own project which was
generated by the archetype with adding taxonomy dependency there?

>       An error has occurred, sorry for that.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
> Failed to instantiate plugin
> 'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.PropertyFieldPlugin' for id
> 'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.
>

>       An error has occurred, sorry for that.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
> Failed to instantiate plugin
> 'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.PropertyFieldPlugin' for id
> 'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.
>

>       An error has occurred, sorry for that.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
> Failed to instantiate plugin
> 'org.hippoecm.frontend.editor.plugins.field.NodeFieldPlugin' for id
> 'home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hippostdEditorFactory.cluster.cms-compare.plugin.viewerPlugin.cluster._default_.field'.
>

> Now, If I want to add a new category to the "exampletaxonomy" taxonomy,
> I click on Edit, then New, type a NAME and the KEY is generated based on
> the name, and on the following screen (which is the form to edit my new
> category), the "name" is NOT the named I typed but the KEY. Not a big
> issue, just rather weird for an end-user: same name used in two
> following screens, but different things inside.

Right. It's a bug. So, again, :)
https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HIPPLUG-502

Cheers,

Woonsan